1235 - 1345 GMT+9
Tuesday 31 August
Lunch Symposium 6
Achieving Remission: Treatment without Compromise for Women Living with Rheumatic Diseases
Women with RA and PsA have a range of unique unmet needs, with delays in diagnosis in PsA(1) and higher disease activity than male patients in both conditions.(1–5) This symposium will discuss the importance of aiming for disease remission in RA and PsA in order to give patients the freedom to make their own life choices. Treatment should be chosen such that women do not have to compromise between their lifestyle choices, treatment goals and relief from joint and skin symptoms.
- Passia E, Vis M, Coates LC, Soni A, Tchetverikov I, Gerards A et al. Sex Specific Differences in Early Psoriatic Arthritis [Abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis. 2020;79(suppl 1):38–39. Abstract OP0057.
- Nas K, Kilic E, Tekeoğlu I, Cevik R, Sargin B, Kasmanet SA et al. The Effect of Gender on Disease Activity, Functional Index and Quality of Life in Patients with Axial SPA. The Data of TLAR-Network PSA Study [Abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis. 2019; 78(Suppl 2):920–921. Abstract FRI0456.
- Eder L, Thavaneswaran A, Chandran V and Gladman D. Gender Difference in Disease Expression, Radiographic Damage and Disability Among Patients with Psoriatic Arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2013;72(4):578–582.
- Grabich S, Sheahan A, Davies O and Suruki R. Inadequate Response Within a Year of Biologic and Oral Synthetic DMARD Treatment Initiation Among Psoriatic Arthritis Patients in the USA Real-World Setting [Abstract]. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2019;71(suppl 10). Abstract 1514.
- Sokka T, Toloza S, Cutolo M, Kautiainen H, Makinen H, Gogus F et al; QUEST-RA Group. Women, men, and rheumatoid arthritis: analyses of disease activity, disease characteristics, and treatments in the QUEST-RA study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11(1):R7.
Chair: Prof Tsutomu Takeuchi, Keio University, Japan
Disease Control in Women of Childbearing Age with RA: Finding the Right Solution without Compromise
Dr Megan Clowse
Duke University, United States
The Holistic Care of Patients with Psoriatic Arthritis
Dr Mitsumasa Kishimoto
Kyorin University School of Medicine, Japan