INDUSTRY PARTICIPATION MANUAL
Space Only Stands and Booths
SPACE ONLY CUSTOM STANDS
For floor space only stands, a custom design booth must be erected on the floor space. A CAD drawing, engineering specifications and an artist’s impression will be required and is subject to approval by the Congress Managers and venue.
The following guidelines for custom built stands are in line with industry standards.
- Booth sides that face the aisle must be transparent and open. Any construction elements higher than 1.2m and up to the maximum build height on these sides must not exceed 50% of the length of the booth side facing the aisle.
- Booths allocated in the first row in the exhibition hall (booth numbers 1–3) must not exceed a build height of four (4) metres.
- Exhibitors with space-only booths located beyond the aforementioned rows may construct booths to a maximum height of five (5) metres.
- No multilevel structures are allowed.
- Banners above the booth space must have a minimum clearance of two (2) metres from the top of the exhibition structure to the bottom of the banner/rigging.
- The lowest rigging point in the exhibition hall is ten (10) metres off floor level and ranges up to twenty-two (22) metres high.
- Rigging points are installed by ICCKyoto as required. Please book required rigging points via the ICCKyoto Venue Exhibitors Portal
- No overhead structures can be over the space of an aisle, even if the aisle is between two booths of the same exhibitor.
- Ceiling construction which closes off rooms or areas within the booth is prohibited due to fire regulations. The use of ceiling vellum is also restricted, please contact the official contractors if your booth design requires such materials. You may be requested to install smoke detectors and/or fire extinguishers.
Please provide us with the above, including details of your stand builder, no later than 16 July 2021. Please submit information via email to email@example.com.
SPACE ONLY BOOTHS
- Island type: maximum height of 4.5m with no setback.
- Corner/Peninsula space type: Maximum height of 3.7m with 1m setback from neighbouring booths.
- Wall construction space type: The height of walls, either load bearing or cosmetic, which face aisles:
- when greater than 1.2m, can be only ½ or less of the booth length.
- when less than 1.2m, no special restrictions apply, but must have 2 exits, one on each side, to allow for
unimpeded evacuation in case of an emergency.
- Special construction space type: TBC
- Ceiling Construction: Ceiling construction which closes off rooms or areas within the booth is prohibited due to fire regulations. The use of ceiling vellum is also restricted, please contact the official contractors if your booth design requires such materials. You may be requested to install smoke detectors and/or fire extinguishers